Late Amrapali Zaveri inspiring story:
We have heard many distinguished professionals RECEIVING Awards!
Probably on one the first Awards are GIVEN in the name of INDIAN WOMAN Data Scientists by a foreign (Netherlands) university!
After doing a Ph.D. in Germany and a Postdoc at Stanford, USA.
Amrapali Zaveri Awards! The award is an initiative of the University of Maastricht Institute of Data Science, Netherlands, to honor and memorize their colleague Dr. Amrapali Zaveri, who passed away in 2020 at a very early age.
Tribute to the Indian Women Scientist Dr. Amrapali Jayshree Zaveri. Daughter of PE Rtn Jyotindra Zaveri.
Dr. Amrapali J. Zaveri, Assistant Professor of Data Engineering, The University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. Postdoctoral Researcher at Maastricht University, Netherlands.
India is proud of you!
Sheroes of the world! Dr. Amrapali Zaveri suffered a massive stroke. Declared Brain Dead by Doctor at Maastricht University Hospital, The Netherlands. After passing away helped many lives by donating several organs! January 24, 2020.
- What an Honor! Tribute by the Maastricht University: The Flag was displayed at half-mast!
- Done Ph.D. (first woman in Zaveri family to get a Ph.D.), lived in four countries (Singapore, Germany, the US, and the Netherlands).
- Postdoc for 15 months at STANFORD UNIVERSITY, USA (2016-2017). She was about to join Amsterdam University as an Assistant Professor (Promotion).
- Won two awards (best paper and outstanding reviewer), have ~50 publications with 1000+ citations.
- Met the founder of the World Wide Web, Sir Tim Berners Lee, at an international conference in Lyon, France.
- From 2010-2015, she was a Ph.D. student at the University of Leipzig, with the AKSW research group in GERMANY focusing on Semantic Web, Linked Data, and particularly Data Quality.
- Since 2017 a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Institute for Data Science at Maastricht University, Netherlands https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/memoriam-amrapali-zaveri
- From 2009-2010, she worked in Singapore at the National Neuroscience Institute as a Research Assistant.
- Globetrotter: Traveled alone to Eighteen countries, doing paper presentations, training to other Ph.D. scholars, meetings, and international conferences.
Post by proud Father Jyotindra Zaveri, Pune, India.
WhatsApp +91 9552946949
Watch video Anna Schueth and Ilja Arts win Amrapali Zaveri Award!!The Amrapali Zaveri Awards for Data Science are sponsored by University Fund