Social Media Marketing LIVE Chat - Episode number # 74, 26 December 2018Key Takeaways:
1. Worst passwords of 2018
2. Digital Marketing MEETUP 09 Feb 2019 @ Pune, India
3. Why Entrepreneurs should focus on Gen Z
4. .Srt file for subtitles for LinkedIn Native Video5. What is the difference between Facebook Company Page and Facebook Local Business Page?
This is an online training session for Entrepreneurs, who want to stay on the cutting edge of digital marketing! From Atlanta, USA.
This video has Subtitles/CC.
This video has Subtitles/CC.
Today is Wednesday, December 26, 2018, and I am jyotindra Zaveri, your friendly social media marketing consultant and trainer.
The gist of the points discussed:
- Worst passwords of 2018
3. sunshine qwerty
According to Splash Data’s yearly report.
- Who is the worst enemy?
The worst enemy is the virus. Recently I downloaded an Application. It contained a virus. Trojan!So what to do? Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.
- Instagram Feed
Instagram does not hide posts in the feed, and you will see everything posted by everyone you follow if you keep scrolling. Instagram Stories: Try the cool Countdown button! Training for entrepreneurs on the new strategies of Digital Marketing.
- Next Digital Marketing MEETUP will be in Pune, India.
WHEN? Saturday 09 Feb 2019. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Follow up session. Tuesday, 12 Feb 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm followed by dinner.
- Next point is about Captions and subtitle in the video.
Srt file for LinkedIn Native Videos! Adding Closed Captioning to Videos on LinkedIn. You can now add closed captioning when sharing a video on LinkedIn from the desktop experience. You will need to have an associated SRT (SubRip Subtitle) file attached to the video before it can be posted. Remember that on LinkedIn there is a limit of ten minutes.
Note: Closed captioning can be added to member and Company Page posts.
To add closed captioning:
- From the LinkedIn desktop share box, select the video you’d like to share by clicking the Video icon.
- Once the video preview appears, click the Edit icon in the upper right corner below the X to see the Video Settings.
- Click Select File to attach an SRT file and click Save.
- Add any additional text or hashtags and click Post.
- Once the video is uploaded, processed, and ready to view, you will be notified. The closed captioning will be viewable at that time.
- What is the difference between Company Page and Local Business Page?
If you have a local business. I strongly recommend creating a Facebook Page. There are several kinds of Page. Select Facebook Page for local business.
When creating a Facebook Business page, the very first step is to choose what type of page you would like.
Company, Organization or InstitutionIf you are an online store, have more than one location or foot traffic is not of major importance for your business, this is the option for you.
- Real Estate
1. Contact information 2. Mission 3. Awards 4. Products
Option to add the ‘check-in’ ability after initial set upIn addition to the features above, the list of business categories is different for each page type. As an example, Local Business Pages include categories such as Restaurant, Beauty Salon, Retail Shop etc. whereas Company Pages have categories such as Consulting/Business services.
Local Business or PlaceIf you have a ‘bricks and mortar’ store or want people to physically visit you, the Local Business or Place page is for you.
1. Contact information 2. Trading hours 3. Price range 4. Parking options 5. The ability of people to ‘check-in’ 6. Allows reviews 7. Map listing
If you think you have selected the wrong option for your business, you can always change it! Once you set up your Facebook Page, you can change the category by selecting Edit Page - > Update Info. Once you have changed the category, the details required will change according to the new category.
Select Cause or Community. For instance Lions Club or Rotary Club. I am a member of the Rotary Club of Pune Lokmanyanagar. So we have a Facebook Page that is Cause or Community’
For Consultants or Politicians, Select Public Figure. Artist Band or Public Figure. By the way, I have a Public Figure Page! Connect with the Social Media Trainer Jyotindra Zaveri Page
Like and do not forget to tick the 'See First' option.
- Facebook Marketing
On Facebook, there are over two billion users log in every month. India is a great country. There are about 294 million users in India. That is about 29 Crore users in India. Whether you are using Facebook for branding or not, your competitors are using. A very big market opportunity waiting for you.
Facebook Messenger is the top mobile app by the number of downloads. And the main Facebook app is second on the list. The dominance of mobile implies that entrepreneurs need to make online content mobile friendly.
WhatsApp is third and Instagram is fifth in terms of downloads. Did you notice all these Apps are from the same company? Yes, Facebook is the leading company.
- Focus on Gen Z
- Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. ...
- Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 39-53 years old (82 million people in the U.S.)
- Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1980 and 1994
- Generation Z, are those born in 1995 or later.
Focus on Gen Z in 2019. Gen Z has entered the workforce, and this generation has over 75 million people who are not teenagers anymore – they are consumers who influence $600 billion of family spending.
Gen Z can quickly and efficiently shift between work and play, with multiple distractions going on in the background...working on multiple tasks at once. Just think about how this kind of flow might reshape the office.
Consider this data: 80 million small and medium-size companies are marketing on Facebook on monthly basis. 25 million businesses promote their products on Instagram. 94% of B2B marketers promote their brand by posting regularly on LinkedIn.
The challenge is, how to keep up with the changes on various digital platforms. The answer is to read and study changes in social media sites. Better still come and meet me every Wednesday online at this time. Knowing the latest trends is a proven way to change your social media marketing strategy and sustain the company's success.
Snapchat and Instagram will be the most important social media channel in the year 2019, because Gen Z will dominate the market soon.
- Include the following in your 2019 action plan:
1. Amongst your busy schedule does not forget to reply to people who are commenting on your post. This one task you need to do it yourself. All other normal postings etc. you may outsource but replying to comment need to be handled personally. This is almost a daily, or once at least once in two days task.
2. Another regular task in reviewing and revising keywords. This needs to be done once in three months.
3. If you are planning any EVENT, make sure you announce the same well in advance. In addition to Facebook Event, post on Meetup and Eventbrite. Do not forget to link the Eventbrite URL in your Instagram profile. See 'Get Ticket' button example (on mobile)
What do you think of the social media marketing trends for 2019? I will be happy to know more in the comments!
This post is published on the Blogger Blog by Jyotindra Zaveri, Social Media Marketing Consultant, and Trainer. Contact Jyoti Social, Social Media Agency Whatsapp +91 9552946949.