Social Media Marketing Discussion LIVE Episode 72
Social Media Marketing Tips 2019
1. YouTube - End Screens, Cards – No Annotation
2. YouTube Channel Art – FB Twitter Links
3. SEO and SMO Difference
4. Is SMM Book obsolete?
5. LinkedIn Page Target Updates Filter
6. Professional email - No Reply All
7. Phishing Malware
8. Bot Messages Suspicious Link
9. Blue Tick Verified accounts
10. Online Marketing Policy Document for 2019
11. Instagram paid marketing
12. ‘Where is my Train’ Google App
13. Write Comment, RT not only Content
Live video broadcast on Wednesday 12/12/2018
Please click on the CC button to display the subtitles /Closed Captions in English.
The gist of the points discussed is given below.
Social media networks can be used to increase your customer base and improve your bottom line. The knowledge you will learn from today’s session will enable you to successfully market your business with various digital platforms.
To get a large following for your social media marketing, do not just push products. Include testimonials, relevant articles, and links to content, your followers will find useful. I am here to help you!
- I have observed some changes in YouTube. End screens do not work with annotations!
To use End screens in the YouTube video, please delete the annotations. Annotations can no longer be added or edited. Delete them and use end screens instead.
YouTube has discontinued annotations editor on May 2, 2017. YouTube will stop showing existing annotations to viewers starting January 15, 2019. All existing annotations will be removed.
Use cards and end screens. Annotation was not mobile friendly. These are mobile-friendly tools that let you poll your audience, link to merchandise, recommend a Playlist, or videos. Once deleted, annotations cannot be restored.
It is observed that end screens and cards generate seven times more clicks across YouTube. In short, Annotation is OUT and Cards and End Screen is IN.
Stay Active on social media.
Large gaps in between your posts and tweets may give the impression that your business is not active.
Post regularly. Once you have a social media presence, you should not discontinue posting. Do not let your online garden become dry and lifeless. Nurture it. If you do not have time, you may outsource to an experienced agency like Jyoti Social.
Click here to learn more about our social media agency Jyoti Social.
Place Twitter and Facebook buttons on your YouTube channel.
This settings to insert LINKS on your YouTube channel art is available in the About tab. Click here to see an example of a YouTube Channel Art with social media buttons
- What is the difference between SEO and SMO?
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is the process and the utilization of internet technologies (tools) related to the World Wide Web that improves Google search engine ranking, websites visibility. The goal is to increase traffic to your traditional website. Very important for an eCommerce website to achieve higher sales.
- SMO: Social media optimization (SMO) is the use of a number of social media sites and Groups (Online Communities) to generate publicity to increase the awareness of a product, service, brand, or Event. Search engine marketing needs SMO support. This can also drive traffic to the traditional website.
In the year 2019 make sure you are a presence at least on two or three social media platforms. And plan to post regularly. If your business is not active on social media, you are giving your competitor the opportunity to perform better than your business.
If you use social media to market your business, you need to constantly make adjustments so you can keep up with the changing platforms. So invest time and money to learn.
That is why I am conducting this free webinar every Wednesday to discuss what is new, and the latest trends and techniques.
- LinkedIn Company page updates can be targeted to tailor content to specific audiences.
No, I am not talking about the post on your LinkedIn profile that is your ID; this is about your business Page. Updates can be targeted based on followers' profile data, such as company size, industry, function, seniority, geography, and language preference. There is a filter available on the LinkedIn page.
Important: To post a targeted update, you are required to have a minimum of 300 Company Page followers.
- In 2019, be more professional in your email correspondence.
- Use a professional email address.
- Register a domain name, get a formal email id. Even if you do not make a website, it is ok. At least use email id with your web domain name. Not Gmail.
- Do not click Reply All. Unless you really want everyone on the cc needs to receive the email,
- Avoid too much use of the exclamation mark in email or social media posts.
- Avoid too much use of capital letters. Avoid writing email or posts in UPPERCASE, it is like shouting.
In 2019, we need to be more careful regarding phishing malware activities.
Some people have started using direct message and are sending a malicious link. Do not be hurry to click on Twitter Direct Message (DM) or Facebook Messenger links, unless you are positive they are reputable. They might contain malware. Or ask you to login into some fake site, phishing sites that will attempt to steal your passwords or financial information. It may try to install malware on your system or device.
- How to find a fake celebrity account? Blue verification tick
In case of a celebrity, or a Movie start, and political leaders social media accounts, check for the blue tick next to the name. See a blue circle with a white check, next to their Facebook name or Twitter handle.
- Prepare a document for social media best practices for your organization.
You will need it in the New Year 2019. Establish official guidelines and restrictions for your staff, your team. All stakeholders of your organization. If you have already prepared one, then review and update your digital and social media risk management strategy and governance, including policies, processes, and programs.
Ensure you include instructions about how to secure both company pages as well as employee individual accounts.
Let me know if you need any help. I can guide you to prepare this important document. This will be a good reference to help protect your company.
Homework: Make a Google Doc containing comprehensive guidelines for online marketing. Contact me for details.
Look at the larger picture! Think comprehensively. As the number and types of risks continue to expand, the responsibility for managing digital and social media risks extends well beyond the IT department.
Here is quick start list for Instagram paid marketing
1. You need a business account and connect to Facebook
2. Define your target audience: Whom you want to sell?
3. What could be their interest, so you can run an advertisement campaign for such a specific audience?
4. Define Target audience demographic details
5. Stories 14 seconds also is a good idea.
6. OR 59 - 60 Seconds video ad (or image). Will not run on stories
7. If you want only Instagram then do setting accordingly (not Automatic). Jyoti Social suggests, if you want Facebook campaign also, run separately.
8. Select Mobile or Desktop or both (Zaveri suggests both)
9. Select the lifetime budget or daily (Jyoti Social recommends
10. Lifetime, because it will optimize). Define the date range.
11. Select click line to ensure landing page view
12. Preview the ad
Best wishes for your Instagram marketing paid campaign.
If you are trying to learn social media from a book or a blog, check the date on which it was published. If it is too old, chances are some of the things written
Click here to learn how to measure Instagram performance and other tips
- Where is my Train?
Google has acquired one of India’s most popular train tracking apps. India is estimated to operate some 14,000 trains on a daily basis across the country. That kind of volume is challenging. Already 10 million registered users. It helps commuters track arrivals and departures as well as buying seats. The app is for Android, it works offline or with poor connectivity and supports eight languages.
That means RailYatri will have to compete with Google Where is my Train App
- Social media is not for selling.
It is about relationship building. It is about increasing the number of people who know about you, your content, and business. It is not for making sales. I heard an entrepreneur crying the other day that he is posting on Facebook about his products and still not got even one order. It does not work that way. First of all, one month is too less a time. Use social media for branding not selling. Sales will follow.
As regards content, I suggest, in addition to promotional posts, plan some educational and entertaining posts also.
Create a content of value on social media that makes people want to follow you and engage with your post. Most companies, are not doing it right, they are constantly trying to sell or push products/services. On Whatsapp, it is even worse.
Everyone is talking about creating content, but there is another important aspect of social media that no one is talking about. That is not writing content but write a comment. Especially in a group, take part in the ongoing discussion. Write a meaningful comment, people will notice you. So do not be aloof and isolated, take part in the conversation.
Two things you must include are Link and Hashtags. Do not forget to put links to your website. For SEO these backlinks are important.
Go ahead and connect with Jyoti Social on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, IGTV, Pinterest, YouTube, and Blogger blog, Slideshare, Twitter.....Subscribe or Follow, get notifications.
My 42 years’ experience is your key to help you get a proper marketing strategy. Without you having to be an expert in social media! Let us make 2019 your best year so far.
This post was first published on my website
I would like to personally work with you and help you - Jyotindra Zaveri.
Whatsapp Jyoti Social +91 9552946949