Topics discussed in this webinar
- Difference between traditional and digital marketing is Insights
- How to measure Instagram performance?
- Shopping icon on Instagram
- Influencers are also important besides, Likes and Followers
- SEO Consultant cannot “Guarantee” the first position in Google Search Engine
- Learn about Hashtags
- Whom to follow on social media?
- Tips about comments on others posts and negative comments and more points
Full script and the webinar video is given below for you to learn more about social media marketing
The biggest difference between traditional marketing and social media is that you get performance reports, called insights, or analytics. Users must look at these reports once in three months. Do not ignore this data. My favorite is ‘Post’ tab in the “Facebook Page insight”. It will tell you which post is doing better than other posts.
Instagram gives insights for each post. I suggest you use tools such as squarelovin.
This is a desktop tool (part free), to find out which of your post is performing best, which get the most likes and comments. You can also learn more about who your audience is in terms of demographics! https://squarelovin.com/
How to evaluate social media marketing?
There is a change in the way you may evaluate social media marketing. Till now it was mostly measured by numbers of LIKE on Facebook Page, or Numbers of subscribers on YouTube channel, numbers of followers on Instagram and Pinterest, LinkedIn Page and so on. This is one of the ways to assess performance.
- It is a myth that more Likes or more followers mean successful social media marketing. You need to focus on influencers. Your audience who can help engagement in your posts, who can influence other buyers of your products or services.
Think of viral marketing, think of how influencers can help you spread your brand name. So the change is the number of followers and number of influencers these are two different kinds of people. Apart from total Likes as a number, check who they are. Who can influence your buyers? Look for a number of influencers count. We now place a higher value on the relevance and context of collaboration.
SEO or Search Engine OptimizationStay clear of any SEO Professional who guarantees to get you a number one ranking on all search engines for your keywords or claims they possess the SEO RANKING SECRET. Unfortunately, no company can make this guarantee. Even if there were, a remote possibility of this becoming a reality, their method of execution will most likely be utilizing unethical SEO techniques.
Ultimately, this will blacklist your domain and you will find yourself in a position of spending additional monies to attempting to remove your domain from being blacklisted.
HashtagsYou must write hashtags in the post. The main content of the post is read by humans. Hashtags are read by the machine that is the robot. Use few hashtags; say five to ten, on Tweeter even less. I see some posts full of hashtags sometimes twenty or even more. That is NOT cool. Every digital platform has its own search engine, and use spiders to index your posts.
- In the description, write sentences that describe what the post is about for humans, and then use hashtags to help the search engine to find the content and show it to the user who is searching for your product or services.
- You may combine two or three words without space for letting the search engine know more about your post.
Whom to follow on Instagram?As an entrepreneur, you come across challenges. Do you experience a low point? You need motivation. Here are Instagram accounts you may follow for inspiration or find similar that will motivate you:Follow Daymond John (@thesharkdaymond) on Instagram. He already has 622K followers.
- Follow Jasmine Star. Business Strategist, Photographer, She helps entrepreneurs grow social platforms. She has 256K followers.
- Follow HoneyBook. Everything you need to turn your passion into a thriving business. 44K Followers.
- Follow @jyotisocial Jyotindra Zaveri, the sought-after speaker and the author of this blog!
Let us talk about the comments.
You must participate in other people posts. Most users only post and hope for engagement by others. That is OK. But how about you also engaging with others posts. Writing a thoughtful comment is also a good idea. You will also get noticed. Indirectly you are also doing your own publicity. Also, respond to the negative comment. Post only about your business is not a good idea. Share a link of other websites, for example, news pertaining to your profession or your industry.
Combine your online marketing with offline marketing. Depending only on social media or depending only on traditional marketing is not enough. You need to do both.
Do you know Instagram has added a new shopping icon?There is a new way to Shop on Instagram. Shopping option is now available in Stories as well as in Explore. So expect to see shopping bag icon on the product picture that will take you to the website that has a payment gateway, so that you can actually purchase. Ha ha ha, this reminds me of the old style a mail-order catalog!
- If you are reviewing your social media marketing strategy, I suggest you include Facebook, YouTube and if your audience is younger generation, I mean age 18 to 24, then, Instagram. If you are a B2B company then LinkedIn is a must.
- It is observed that 90% of LinkedIn users also use Facebook.
PinterestPinterest is a collection of various hyperlinks taking users to various online presences. Pinterest is a great site for sharing. Whether you use Pinterest or not, others are using actively, and they are pinning. It is important to know that even if you do not pin your own content on Pinterest, other users can.So, if you use yourself, you will have more understanding of Pinterest. If you understand how the platform works, and actively pin your content yourself.Tell your webmaster to make sure your website is Pinterest friendly. It is important to have pictures on your site and blog so that others can pin it.YouTube videos, Slideshare, Flickr, and Instagram are all Pinterest friendly digital platforms already.
Pinterest limits the description box text to 500 characters and maximum of twenty hashtags can be used. So construct your content accordingly.
Let us join handsI am on the lookout for collaboration with consultants or companies who are interested in social media marketing business but lack the necessary experience or expertise. For instance, you are good at making websites but want to offer social media marketing services to your clients. Let us join hands. I will take care of the operation part. That is managing and posting on social media.
Here are important links that you may like to study
- List of previous Social Media Wednesday LIVE Broadcasts
- Example of Pinterest website
- YouTube Channel for learning Social Media Marketing free Follow Playlists
- Nine nice ways to use Instagram