Every year 22nd April is celebrated as Earth Day!
This year’s theme: Ending plastic pollution by Earth Day 2020
Sharing TWENTY ways how each and every individual can contribute to this environmental cause
1. Bring your own shopping bag : Instead of taking a
new shopping bag,Use your own reusable shopping bags.
2. Stop buying bottled water: Avoid using plastic bottled water,
keep a refillable bottle handy
3. Choose cardboard over plastic bottles and bags:
Prefer using cardboard boxes instead of plastic bottles & bags
4. Say no to straws: Whether for home use or when you’re
ordering a drink at a bar or restaurant, avoid plastic straws.
5. Get the plastic off your face body washes that contain plastic:
Avoid using face body washes or beauty products using
“polypropylene” or “polyethylene”.
6. Skip the disposable razor: Instead of tossing a plastic razor
in the trash every month, consider switching to a razor that lets
your replace just the blade or even a straight razor.
7. Switch from disposable diapers to cloth: If you’ve got a young
baby, you know how many diapers can end up in the trash each day.
And all these add to the plastic trash.
8. Re-think your food storage: Avoid Plastic baggies, plastic
wrap, and plastic storage containers for storing food.
9. Shop in bulk: Shop in bulk to reduce the use of plastics.
10. Use reusable produce bags: Try to use reusable bags instead
of disposing plastics every time.
11. Give up Chewing gum: Remind yourself while buying a chewing
Gum, you are actually chewing plastics. It is neither good for you
or for the earth.
12. Buy boxes, not bottles: Buy laundry detergent and dish soap in
boxes instead of plastic bottles. Cardboard can be more easily recycled
and made into more products than plastic.
13. Use reusable bottles and cups: Buy prepared foods in glass
jars instead of plastic ones, which are reusable.
14. Use matches: If you need to light a candle, build a campfire
or start a fire for any other reason, opt for matches over
disposable plastic lighters.
15. Skip the frozen foods section: Frozen foods offer both convenience
and plenty of plastic packaging. Better not to use them for
the environmental health.
16. Avoid using plastic wares: Say goodbye to disposable chopsticks,
knives, spoons, forks and even sporks to reduce your carbon footprint.
17. Clean green: Try to keep your surroundings clean & green.
Do not throw plastic or plastic products here & there.
18. Return reusable containers: When you buy something from
the market, simply bring the plastic containers to the market when
you need a refill. You can even ask your local grocer to take the
containers back and reuse them.
19. Pack a lunch the right way: Avoid packing your lunch boxes
in Plastic bags.
20. Use Cheap and natural cleaning alternatives: Avoid buying multiple
plastic bottles of tile cleaner, toilet cleaner and window cleaner
if you have a few basics on hand like baking soda and vinegar.
Lets join hands to
Content Courtesy: https://www.treehugger.com/green-home